ChemoGLO™ Wipe Kit
how to conduct wipe
The materials in this kit are for 6 wipe areas at your site. The following instructions are for one wipe area.
Please repeat these steps for each of the 5 additional areas you decide to wipe at your site:
- Put on gloves.
- With the paper tape measure, measure out 12 inches of the area to be wiped.
- Using four of the colored dots, place one at each corner so that the area measures 1 square foot (1 ft2).
Please note: The 1 square foot measurement area is for flat surface areas. However, you can wipe areas that are smaller than 1 square foot such as door knobs, keyboards, etc.
- Select vials labeled "Wipe Area #1, V (Vertical)" and "Wipe Area #1, H (Horizontal)."
- Take one swab out of the bag and place it in the vial you labeled "Wipe Area #1, V."
Recap the vial and shake until the solution is absorbed in the swab.
- Uncap the vial and spill the swab and contents of vial "Wipe Area #1, V" on to the area to be wiped.
- With a gloved hand, while being careful not to press too hard, use the swab to wipe the entire 1 square foot area with vertical
strokes (up and down).
- Place the swab back in the vial marked "Wipe Area #1, V." Screw on the cap. Place the vial in the silver padded bag.
- In the second vial labeled "Wipe Area #1, H," take another swab from the bag and place it into the vial. Cap the vial and shake
until the solution is absorbed in the swab.
- Uncap the vial and spill the swab and contents of vial "Wipe Area #1, H" on to the 1 square foot area you just wiped (each area is
wiped both vertically and horizontally).
- With a gloved hand, while being careful to not press too hard, wipe the entire area with horizontal strokes (side to side).
- Place the swab back in the vial marked, "Wipe Area #1, H." Screw on the cap.
- Place the two vials in the silver padded bag. Place the bag in the refrigerator until you are ready to ship.
- Dispose of your gloves. Change gloves between different sites.
- Mark on the Site Map Form information regarding the area wiped.
- Repeat steps 1-15 for each of the 5 additional areas to be wiped. Each site uses two swabs:
- One swab/vial for a horizontal (side to side) wipe and a second swab/vial for a vertical (up and down) wipe.
Upon completion, you will have a total of 12 screw top vials containing swab.
- If you elect to conduct a control, either wipe an area known not to be contaminated, or simply drop a swab in the
vial without wiping an area. IF you conduct a control, please make a note in your records, and notify us AFTER you have received your report.